Monday, April 30, 2007

ISBI: Generation One (Part One)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well, Imogen, I hate to say it, but your time as torchholder has come to an end. I know that it seems, to our readers, that you should be just settling in, actually you've lived your time as our torch holder and are here to tell us about it.
That's right mom. I have lived a very full life to this point, and look forward to kicking back and relaxing...and hopefully getting a grandbaby or two of my own!
Sounds great Im. Why don't you tell us all about your time as torch holder?
Oh my...it was interesting to say the least! But I will start at the begining...right after I graduated from university.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well!, look how young I was! Anyway, after uni I moved back to Ten Flames Province. The house was modest, but it was what I could afford at the time.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As you may know, I was engaged to Quentin at the time and the first thing I wanted to do was get married to him. The cremony was small...just the two of us and a friend of ours from uni. But it was special.
So, tell us a bit more about Quentin. I feel like I hardly know the man that swept my daughter off her feet!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To be honest, I did not know much about him back then either. Over the years alot more has become clear. To start with, my Quent is a fortune sim. The first thing he did after we were married was to get a job...in fact he took the first one that came up! His job was in gaming and he started out as a flag capturer.
(The player's one command with Quentin for his adult life was to get him a job. He rolled a 1 and therefore took the first job that appeared)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He was also a very loving and attentive husband in those early days. I too had taken a job and was teaching grade school....a stressful thing. I could always count on Quent to cheer me up after a hard day.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But my husband is not without his quirks. As loving and helpful as he is, he spends far too much time in his heart print boxer shorts.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The man does EVERYTHING in them...and I do mean everything *w*.
Careful Im, this blog is supposed to be PG, but I think we know what your getting at *chuckle*.
Well how else did you expect me to have an heir for you?? Hmmm???
Point taken.
That does bring us right to the time I gave birth to our first child.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had a daughter we named Chamile. She was so sweet and adorable, and she was daddy's girl, but you had informed me that I needed a male heir...so regardless of our little girls charm we would have to try again. I can't say I minded though. Having a child was a dream of mine and having several was even better!
How did you manage to keep your job and take care of your growing family?
Well, it was no easy task, that's for sure. When Chamille arrived I hired a nanny, Jill Yang, to be at the house when I wasn't . She was a decent nanny, but a little strange in my opinion. I know that Quent definitly did not get along with her, but she was a neccisary evil. I needed an extra pair of hands at the house...just in case.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was awful being away from the house and not knowing what I would come home to at the end of the day. Luckily Jill held her own against Quent...I love my husband, but I know exactly how stubborn he can be.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chamile grew quickly, and luckily I stayed in a good enough mood to allow her smart milk for most meals which helped with training her to walk, talk, and use the potty.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
By the time Chamile had grown into a child, I was pregnant with our second child.
Looks like Chalmile was doing great in school.
Yeah, she was my little overachiever! I got her into private school, but it wasn't easy. I made coffee for the headmaster after a quick tour of the house and he drank coffee and spoke with Quent while I served dinner. I couldn't have planned it better!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I see Quent was sporting his usual attire.
*chuckling* What did you expect?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And you can call me crazy, but I wanted a pet so bad that I decided to adopt Shyla. I know what your thinking...just another thing to look after, but Quent and Chamille were very good with her. They even fed her for me!

Well, I hate to say it ma, but it is getting late and I am pretty tired from rehashing all of this...can the rest wait for another time?
Sure, no problem honey. We will stop here and finish this up later.

6 comments:

Roo said...

but but.. there is another baby.. she said so... who did she have? what did she have? Gah!
Chamile is a cute little girl and an A+ not an easy feat, yeah you!
So far you're going strong, keep up the good work!!
and just for the record, I love that Quentin runs around in his heart panties *giggle*

Bubbs said...

I love that she is telling us her story afterwards! I can't wait to see what she has next. Love how the ISBI spouses normally wander around in their underwear. I wonder if he got fat? Mine always did... :)

Kerry said...

This is fun--definitely tempting me to try one of these. I will never finish anything at this rate, though, never! Chamile is really pretty, and I love Shyla.

Twoyys4me said...

Imogen's after Uni story is great so far! I love how Quent is always in his heart undies. LOL.
His fight with the nanny was pretty cool too- kinda fun when you don't control them isn't it?!
Little Chamile is so cute, can't wait to meet the new addition.

ASimWen said...

Ah very good! I wish I could have had pets with my ISBI challenge.

Ziese52 said...

great job so far! No one seems like too big of an idiot yet. hehe nanny fights!